Having a baby is a profoundly emotional and physical life change, and it is an honor to support families in this process.
As a birth doula, my goals are to:
- help you feel prepared and confident in your body’s capacity to birth;
- provide comfort management techniques throughout your labor (including breathing, massage and acupressure,movement, rebozo, aromatherapy and meditation);
- to open the space for you to reflect positively on your birth experience.
I firmly believe in trusting your body’s innate wisdom, and I seek to support your birthing choices as you plan where, how and with whom to give birth. I offer non-judgmental care for birthing individuals and their loved ones. As you consider your options, remember that this is your baby, your birth—use your instinct as your guide.
- Free initial in-person consultation
- Two prenatal meetings (1-2 hrs each)
First Meeting will cover: discussing your ideas around labor and birth (may include preparing a birth plan if desired), discussing who will help support you and what they need to feel confident (if you are in a partnership, it’s best for the person to be available to meet me as well), discussion and practice of comfort measures available during labor, sharing educational resources as requested
Second Meeting will cover: going over birth bag, review birth ideas/plan, continued education and practicing comfort measures, answering any questions that might arise
- Availability by phone or email during your pregnancy
- On-call 24/7 availability during your birth window (from 38 weeks)
- Physical and emotional support during labor and birth (support may start at home and help transfer to hospital/birth center, if applicable)
- Support in the immediate postpartum (up to 2 hours after your birth)
- One postpartum visit (2-3 hours) which often includes sharing your birth experience, discussing lactation, postpartum recovery and newborn care.
If you are interested in additional postpartum support, I offer postpartum doula services as well.
*I can offer my full birth services at a sliding scale rate. Those who you are able to pay on the higher end of the spectrum, this enables me to keep time available for families who require discounted services. I believe all families should have access to doula care and support, and I am happy to offer discounted and work-trade options whenever possible. I especially prioritize my availability for underserved populations who may face societal barriers including: those with low income, teenagers, people of color, undocumented families, single parents, and gender nonconforming people. Please connect with me so we can discuss options and availability for your family.